With the Ringdesk integration you can control telephony within a host application. The plug-in from Ringdesk contains a number of event functions and a number of commands with which interaction between the host application and Ringdesk can be realized.
The integration value is an expression that stands for the added value that is created by smart linking of these event functions and commands by the host application.
Below we have compiled a list of functions that a host application can add to create the highest possible integration value for users:
Options for incoming calls
In an incoming call you can show who is calling without the host application changing screen. You can achieve this by using the telephone number provided for a search within the CRM data of the host application. For example, it is possible to display a toaster with name, company name of the caller.
Implement the Browser Notification
Chrome has the option to easily provide the OS with Notification with a so-called toaster.
The right action when taking the call
What the right action exactly is? That is the specialty of you as a CRM supplier. Your users may want to see a workflow start with an incoming call or it is enough to show the customer card when recognizing the caller.
Other options for an incoming call
With an incoming call you can also:
- Immediately register a callback request (if provided in the CRM)
- Save call details – such as start time, end time, and call duration – after ending the call
Is the telephone number not found in your own CRM data? Then you can:
- Save the telephone number to an existing contact person or organization
- Create a new contact person or organization
Options for calling out
The Ringdesk plugin responds by default to the hyperlink tel. If you hyperlink telephone numbers with the tel context, you can set up a conversation with one push of a button. Do this in as many places as possible: in columns of lists, in windows of customer cards or people, etc.
Try to avoid using extra buttons as much as possible. Is it still necessary? Then use the “doCall ()” command.
Telephone number normalization
Ringdesk will provide all telephone numbers in the following format: + [country code] [area code] [subscriber number]
Good: +31612345678, +31413741741
Error: +31 (0) 6 134678, 0413-741 741, (0) 6- 123 45 678, +31 413 741741
With an incoming call it is important that name-number recognition goes fast. Therefore, telephone numbers in the database must be stored in the same format so that you can do a quick search in the database for the telephone number.
Use the Ringdesk procedure to clean up numbers (JS). Ensure that the customer’s country code is known in the CRM solution.
Give your users the option to clean up all telephone numbers in the database to the correct format.
Create a database index on the telephone number field for an optimally fast search.
Ensure that new records with telephone numbers are always correctly converted immediately.
If the database is field type (INT), leave out only the “+” character.
Other integration options
There are a number of other integration options of the Ringdesk plugin.
- The administrator may want to enable / disable the use of the Ringdesk plugin. Provide a setting that may or may not load the Ringdesk plugin into the application;
- Use your own styling that matches the host application;
- Provide a possibility for the user to determine and hold the position of the plugin as desired;
- Link messages to important events.
Ringdesk users must have an account on portal.ringdesk.com. There are two sales models for CRM suppliers (vendors) that build in the Ringdesk plugin:
1. Self service
The user creates an account on Ringdesk.com and the invoicing goes directly to the user.
The user does not have to create an account on Ringdesk.com, but the host application automatically creates an account on ringdesk.com (using the available APIs). The invoice goes to the CRM vendor.
The wholesale model offers a number of options:
- The CRM vendor is permitted to make a margin on the service. This margin must be in proportion to the integration value of the solution offered.
- Ringdesk’s invoicing goes through the CRM vendor. This must charge the use / activation of Ringdesk itself to the end user.
- Accounts can be automatically created or deleted via the Ringdesk API.
- Accounts can be created with the same username (e-mail address) as the CRM solution and a random password for single-sign-on.